01/10/2015

REVIEW YSL Black Opium Eau De Toilette

Hey everyone,

Sorry I haven't posted in 3 weeks!! I just wanted to take some time off and had o mojo.

If you read my last post about my Paris haul you will already know that I brought this as my little treat and I have to say I love it and it is perfect for autumn/winter time as well as evenings.





I think the packaging is so pretty with a little sparking to it, I am a little guttered it is only 30mls for 50 Euros (£44). I don't think it will last long which is so annoying as I want to wear this more.

This is an Eau De Toilette so the fragrance won't last as long as a perfume, therefore if you put it on in the morning the smell will be gone or very faint in the afternoon (depending on how much you put on too). It is designed to be different to the Black Opium eau de parfum.
I'm not great at explaining scents so I looked up the notes for you:

Top notes: blackcurrant, pear, green mandarin bark, citruses
Heart notes: Jasmine tea, orange blossom and coffee
Base notes: blond wood and white musk

The original Opium was too strong and smelt too grown up. not something I would wear in my 20's. However I have noticed as I get older that I prefer the heavier scents, the more oriental and less of the fruity ones. I think this may become my new favourite scent (sorry Armani diamonds)

What are your favourite perfumes to use in Autumn/Winter?

Thanks for popping by

2 comments:

  1. I prefer citrus smells all year round....which makes for a more simple and cheaper life !! ;)


    http://vodkaandarose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for taking to time to read my post and comment, I am all for cheaper products :) xx

      Delete